Tsei is alpine meadows, snowy mountain peaks, noisy waterfalls and picturesque glaciers! That is why all Tseiskoe gorge is a state reserve. The rivers here have funny names Zeidon and Skazdon =)), and on the way to the gorge tourists are met by the patrons of these places - Wastiardji and Afsati. Patrons are very unusual, you remember them! ;))
What to expect
For passage on the tourist routes of this region, citizens of foreign countries (Ukraine, Belarus) need a pass to the border zone , which is issued within 30 working days (43 calendar days). After submitting an application for participation in the hike, we ask each citizen of a foreign state to request a copy of a passport to issue a pass. For citizens of the Russian Federation, a pass is not required; it is enough to have the original passport while driving along the route.
The route of the route: Vladikavkaz, Alagir Gorge, Wastyrdji monument, Afsati monument, Tseisk gorge • cable car, Tale glacier • sanctuary by the River, Shagatsikondon waterfall • Tsey glacier • Tourist's Peak (Sadonvtsek) • Dargavs, Dziv Ziv rock fortress • Zivyiv ziv Турист Tourist, Peak (Sadonvtsek) • Dargavs, Dziv ziv rock fortress, Ziv ziv Tourist peak (Sadonvtsek) • Dargavs, Dziv ziv rocky fortress • Ziv ziv) -Uspensky monastery, Kadargavansky canyon, Karmadon gorge • Thermal springs Biragsange - Vladikavkaz.
Travel dates for 2019 (7 days): June 16-22 July 21-27 August 4-10
12:30 - group gathering at the railway station of Vladikavkaz (near the main entrance from the city). 13:30 - group gathering at the airport of Beslan (near the main entrance). Transfer by minibus to the resort Tsey (2.5 hours).
About an hour away - and we are already in the mountains! The Alagir gorge will open its hospitable arms and immediately picturesque rocks will rise around us, at the foot of which the emerald river Ardon runs. Today on our way there will be two unusual Ossetian monuments at once! First we will stop near the patron of men, warriors and travelers. The locals call him in his manner - Wastirdji. We, tourists, hardly pronounce such words and call this patron Saint George. Believe us, you have never seen such monuments! At a height of 22 meters, a spectacular rider on a steel horse as if pierces through a rock and flies out onto the road. Sculpture weight - 28 tons !!! This is the highest equestrian monument in the world! Further on our way is the Tsei gorge , at the entrance to which lives the patron Afsati. It symbolizes protection for all living in this beautiful corner of the Caucasus.
Soon we will come to the alpine camp "Tsey" , on the territory of which we will set up our camp. The walk from the transport to the camp site takes 5 minutes. During the whole period of rest, our campground is in one place. Today we will have time to walk around the alpine camp and make a short walk around the neighborhood. Parking is located at an altitude of 1970 m.
Cable car, glacier Tale. There are 29 glaciers in the Tsey Gorge . We will see the two most famous ones: the Tsei glacier and the Tale glacier. In these places it is the largest and most accessible glaciers! The glacier with the stunning name "Fairy Tale" smoothly descends from the Skazsky Pass. It stretches majestically in the valley for as much as 3 kilometers. In the hot rays of the Caucasian sun, the glacier shimmers with blue and emerald colors. He attracts all tourists closer and shows off his amazing grotto in front of them! From the grotto flows the river Skazdon , which is 2.5 km long. Get used to the local, unusual names =))). The Skazdon flows into Zeidon and both of these fabulous rivers quickly rush down to the valley. To the glacier we climb the cable car, and back down on foot. The active part of the route: 5.1 km, elevation difference 2400-2840-1970 m, route duration 5 hours.
Sanctuary by the River and Shagatsikondon waterfall. Along the forest path we go to Rekom - one of the three main Ossetian sanctuaries. A river is an ancient Ossetian deity who was asked to send a rich harvest, successful haymaking and hunting. Every year, in the middle of summer, weekly festivities in honor of God were held here. The sanctuary is a wooden hut, built of thick pines and decorated with ornaments. The structure is folded in the old fashioned way, without nails! Then we go to the Shagatsikondon waterfall. Not everyone can pronounce this name and not from the first time =)). Our instructors also practiced a lot to boldly pronounce the name of the waterfall! Convenient eco-trail leads to a picturesque canyon, where the waterfall is located. He has several steps and playfully jumps from a ledge to a ledge. In this place we will have a rest, we will have dinner and we will go back. The active part of the route: 7.1 km, elevation difference 1970-1740-1840-1970 m, the duration of the route is 5 hours.
Tseysky glacier. The Tsei glacier is one of the largest glaciers in North Ossetia. It feeds on the snows of Mount Aday-Hoch. The length of the glacier reaches 8 kilometers, the average ice thickness is 80 meters! The path to the Tseisky glacier follows a coniferous forest, along high, sophisticated mountains. Across the route we are accompanied by the river Zeidon. In the river one can often see fallen trees, which look very harmoniously here and give special beauty to this gorge. At the end of the path let us approach the spectacular, emerald grotto of the glacier, from which the river Zeidon flows. The active part of the route: 9.5 km, elevation difference 1970-2230 m, the duration of the route is 6-7 hours.
Tourist Peak (Sadonvtsek). In a few days, you and I have become accustomed to walking through forests, waterfalls and admiring glaciers. Today, let's go, look at all our routes down! We are waiting for Sadonsky Pass and Peak Tourist. This is the highest point of the route! From a bird's eye view, we will discover the entire Tsey gorge, the summits of the Main Caucasian Range and the proud handsome Kazbek . Kazbek (5033 m) is one of the highest points of Georgia, the top of which is decorated with glaciers and sparkling snow! The active part of the route: 22.5 km, elevation difference 1970-1710-2877-1710-1970 m, the duration of the route is 8-9 hours.
Dargavs, the rocky fortress Dzivgis, Alansky Holy Assumption Monastery, Kadargavansky canyon, Karmadon gorge. Today is an easy, sightseeing day! We go by bus a lot and just walk a bit. The program today is very extensive: visit the Alan monastery and the Dzivgis fortress, built right in the rock. We will walk along the picturesque Kadargavan canyon, we will see an unusual monument to Lenin and we will stop in the Karmadon gorge, where in 2002 the Kolka glacier descended . One of the most unusual places along the route is Dargavs, the visiting card of Ossetia . Dargavs is a necropolis, which has about 90 crypts built in the form of pyramids. The active part of the route: 3 km, the duration of the route is 6-7 hours.
Thermal springs Biragsange. We say goodbye to the mountains and leave the Tseiskoe Gorge, which we love so much, and visit the Biragsanga thermal springs on the way . These sources have a very classic opening story! In the mid-1990s, oil and valuable hydrocarbons were sought here. However, instead of oil, from the well hit a fountain of hot, mineral water =))). The water temperature here is over 40 degrees! Since then, people come here to swim in the healing water, relax and strengthen their health.
Transfer by minibus to Vladikavkaz. 15: 00-15: 30 - arrival at the airport of Beslan. 16:00 - arrival at the railway station of Vladikavkaz.
Depending on the weather conditions, the physical condition of the participants and other factors, the route of the trip may be changed.
What is included in an offer
- Road transportation on the route by minibus.
- Registration of passes to the border zone.
- Ecological fees in the North Ossetian State Reserve.
- Accommodation on a paid tourist parking.
- In the parking lot equipped toilet, hot shower =)), laundry, dryer for clothes and shoes. There is electricity, you can charge mobile phones and batteries.
- Tickets for the cable car.
- Tickets for thermal springs.
- Rental of group equipment (fire equipment, boilers, gas burners, awning, group first aid kit).
- Three meals a day.
- Services instructor guide.
What is NOT included in an offer
- Transportation costs to the beginning of the route and back (Vladikavkaz).
- Personal equipment (tent, backpack, sleeping bag, karemat).
- Insurance (optional)
What should a client bring
- Backpack / bag / suitcase for things
- Sleeping bag (comfort temperature 0 ...- 5С). Air temperature at night in a tent + 4 ... + 9C.
- Cap / panama
- Jacket. The air temperature is early in the morning and late in the evening + 8 ... + 12C.
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt. A shirt will protect your hands and neck from burning.
- Running pants
- Trekking shoes / two pairs of sneakers
- Walking shoes in the camp. In the morning and in the evening in the camp the grass is damp with dew. We recommend to have closed shoes, for example, galoshes.
- Rainwear or rainwear
- Tracking sticks. Sticks significantly reduce the load on the knees. Physically strong and healthy tourists, we recommend to have a stick. Tourists who have problems with their knees, joints and obesity should have trekking poles.
- Passport / child's birth certificate. Be sure to have the original documents (not a copy).
- Camera, camcorder
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, razor, towel)
- Plastic bottle 0.5 liters (for drinking water on the route)
- Toilet paper
- Plate, mug, spoon. The plate and the cup should not be breakable (plastic or iron).
- Wet wipes
- Thread, needle
- Backpack for walking (volume 20-25 liters). The backpack contains the personal belongings of the tourist, as well as social products for lunch, which are issued by the instructor (products weigh 400-600 grams).
- Portable Power Bank charger for recharging a mobile phone (optional)
- Sunscreen, hygienic lipstick
- Protective cream against insect bites. In the evenings there may be mosquitoes.
- Individual first aid kit. Required: elastic bandage, patch.