Dombai is considered to be one of the brightest corners of the Western Caucasus! In these places it is very easy to see snow and bright flowers in one frame. In July, tourists come here to admire the ice in the emerald lakes, flowering alpine meadows and glaciers on the mountain slopes. And in August you can eat blueberries, lingonberries and raspberries.
What to expect
For passage on the tourist routes of this region, citizens of foreign countries (Ukraine, Belarus) need a pass to the border zone, which is issued within 30 working days (43 calendar days). After submitting an application for participation in the hike, we ask each tourist from a foreign country for a copy of your passport to get a pass. For citizens of the Russian Federation, a pass is not required; it is enough to have the original passport while driving along the route.
The route of the route: Mineralnye Vody — the Temple of Shoanin, Lake Kara-Kel • Dombai-Ulgen gorge, Ptyshskie waterfalls • Amanauz gorge, Sufrudzhinskiy waterfall • Baduk lakes • Mussa-Achitara gondola • Horizon Lake — Mineral Waters.
11: 00-11: 30 (Moscow time) — group gathering at the railway station of Mineralnye Vody (near the main entrance from the city) and at the airport of Mineralnye Vody (near the main entrance).
Transfer by minibus in the village. Dombai (travel time 4-4.5 hours). Along the way — an excursion to the temple of Shoanin and to the lake Kara-Kel. Clothes and footwear for the first day excursion: a cap, a T-shirt, trousers, sandals or light trekking shoes. With a backpack: raincoat, swimsuit, towel, camera, drinking water. There will be an opportunity to swim in the lake, the water temperature is + 15… + 18C.
Sohaninsky temple. In the vicinity of the village of Costa Khetagurov, on the spur of Mount Shoana, is located the Temple of Shoaninsky. It was built in the heyday of the Alanian state and dates from the tenth century. Along with the temples of the Lower Arkhyz settlement, the Temple of Shoaninsky is one of the five most ancient temples in Russia. The Byzantine architects were engaged in construction for Alans who professed Christianity. On the walls of the temples there are remains of ancient decorative painting. From the hill on which the temple is located, a magnificent view of the surroundings!
Lake Kara-Kel. On the outskirts of the city Teberda is the warmest lake Teberdinskogo reserve — Kara-Kel. In summer, the water temperature here reaches + 18… 20C. Translated from the local language Kara-Kel means "black lake" — so it was called for a special, dark color of water. Rocky peaks of Kele-Bashi mountain are reflected in the lake, and magnificent, tall fir trees grow on the shore. The active part of the route: 1.6 km, sightseeing facilities are at an altitude of 1030 m (Shoaninsky temple) and 1340 m (Kara-kel).
15: 00-16: 00 — arrival in Dombai, check in at the hotel. Sightseeing tour of the village Dombay.
Dombay-Ulgen gorge, Ptyshskie waterfalls. The first part of the path in the gorge is an unremarkable mountain road. We do not waste time to walk on it, we take a UAZ and drive to the very heart of the mountains, the gorge Dombay-Ulgen! It is here that the highest point of the Western Caucasus is Mount Dombai-Ulgen (4047 m). If up to this point you have seen Alpine meadows only in pictures and on TV — get ready — today you will find yourself in a real Alpine paradise!!! First, we will walk past cozy birch groves, after which we will fall into the realm of huge flowers that bloom amazingly in July! It is necessary to stand still just for a minute — and you will already lose sight of your group — so high grass and flowers are here. Going up on the nearest bump, involuntarily gasp! In this place, the gorge widens, as if opening its arms. Before us is a sea of alpine meadows, mountain peaks, and at the end of the gorge the unsurpassed Ptysh glacier glistens in the sun . At first glance, it conquers tourists with its ideal, curved shape. But that's not all! In front of us are waterfalls with multi-colored rainbows. It is immediately evident that Nature created this gorge with special love. A walk through these places is one of the most spectacular in Dombai! The active part of the route: 7.2 km, elevation difference 1950-2360 m, the duration of the route is 6-7 hours.
Gorge Amanauz and Sufrujinskie waterfalls. At the very beginning of the route we will see small snowfields along the Amanauz River, which lie here almost all summer! After that, our path will pass through a shady fir forest. Fir is here, as it should be in the Caucasus, "above the sky", and in the distance, through the crowns of trees, snow caps of the mountains are viewed… After half an hour of walking, the Devil's Mill will open to our eyes. In this place, the water runs along the canyon of the Amanauz river, does not fit in the channel provided to it and turns around with a swirling foamy whirlpool, and then disappears in the depths under the snowy grotto! Coming out of the forest, we will go further along the gorge. Soon we will open small waterfalls flowing down the rocks. During the day, the rocks are heated by the hot summer sun and the water running through them becomes warm. In this place you can swim with pleasure! But the most important treasure of the Amanauz gorge is still to come — a huge Sufrudzhinsky waterfall! Water escapes from the glacial grotto and the mountain stream with incredible noise rushes into the gorge, rushing down from somewhere above the sky. And multicolored rainbows sparkle around! The active part of the route: 5.8 km, elevation difference of 1600-2100 m, the duration of the route is 6-7 hours.
/> /> />
Baduk lakes. The gorge of the river Baduk is like an illustration to a fairy tale! One can only dream of walking through such a coniferous forest. The path runs past tall fir, spruce and fern thickets. After 40 minutes, the trail leads to the confluence of two deep rivers — Khadzhibey and Baduk. White, foaming water runs down the gorge noisily. In this place, on a large bridge over the river, there are always excellent group photos;)). Go ahead! The fir forest will be replaced by beautiful birch trees and soon the path will lead us to the first lake. The highlight of the Baduk lakes is that they are all in the forest zone. Deciduous trees grow at the very edge of the water and give particular beauty to the lakes. Do you know what the color of the water is here? In sunny weather, the Baduk lakes are overflowing with a real, emerald color! The water here is incredibly clear, and beckons a swim :))). The active part of the route: 7.7 km, elevation difference 1400-1980 m, the duration of the route 5-6 hours.
The cable car to the outlook of the city of Moussa-Achitara. What a trip to Dombay can do without climbing the slope of Moussa-Achitara mountain! Cableways very quickly raise tourists up to a height of 3012 m! A beautiful panorama of the Main Caucasus Range opens from here , in clear weather Elbrus and three Dombai gorges are visible. At various levels of the mountain there are several panoramic platforms, as well as many cafes with national cuisine, where you can enjoy your meal in the fresh air. To the delight of tourists, there are a lot of souvenirs sold here, there is an opportunity to take pictures with a bear, yak and even a camel! Duration: 5-6 hours.
Alibek gorge, Alibek waterfall, Lake Turie. The most interesting is in the depths of Alibek gorge! Therefore, we take the mountain transport and drive through it the first 5 km of the road, which are unremarkable. Further the path will lead us to the aviary with deer and lead to a huge flower field. In July, in the local Alpine meadows, a real riot of colors: blue, purple, bright pink and yellow flowers will conquer you at first sight. Now add to this picture the white glacier Alibek, which flaunts in the background. It becomes immediately clear why this gorge is so loved by tourists! The next interesting object on our way is Alibek waterfall. A huge, incredibly powerful stream of water falls from a height of 25 meters! Coming closer to the waterfall, take great pictures. Next we go to the observation deck, where we will see the horizon of Moussa-Achitara, Mount Semenov-Bashi. Then we will go to the Alibek glacier, come close-close and feel its icy breath! By lunchtime, we will arrive at the end point of our route — the emerald Lake Tourie. In July, there are still floats of ice and rhododendrons in bloom. In such a beautiful place we will have lunch and go back. The active part of the route: 6.4 km, elevation difference 1850-2190 m, the duration of the route is 6-7 hours.
Until 13:00 — free time. On this day, we recommend a walk through the souvenir market! Blueberry jam, mountain tea, magnets, luxurious shawls, souvenir mugs!… Here is everything your heart desires!
Transfer by minibus to Mineralnye Vody. On the way, excursion to the Gonachkhir gorge, to the lake Tumanly-Kel. An excellent, asphalt road leads to the lake. Tumanly Kel or Trout Lake is located at an altitude of 1880 m. This is one of the warmest lakes of the Teberdinsky Nature Reserve, the water temperature is + 18… + 20C. The pond is big enough, its length is 275 m! The water in the lake, depending on the light, changes its color from sky blue to emerald green. To take beautiful pictures, we will climb a little above the lake and in all our glory we will see the snowy peaks of the Chotch massif.
19: 00-19: 30 — arrival at the railway station and the airport of Mineralnye Vody, departure home.
At the request of the group, on the way back you can visit the hot thermal springs. These are mineral water pools where you can swim.
Depending on the weather conditions, the physical condition of the participants and other factors, the route of the trip may be changed.
What is included in an offer
- Travel by minibus on the route
- Travel to the gorge by mountain transport (UAZ)
- Registration of passes in the border zone Dombai
- Ecological fees in Teberdinsky State Nature Biosphere Reserve
- Entrance fees to the cable car
- Accommodation in the village. Dombai hotel "Dombai Ice Cherry": double, triple rooms. Room amenities, TV, Wi-Fi. Hotel "Dombay Ice Cherry" was built in 2015 All rooms have modern furniture, high-quality plumbing. On the ground floor there is a cafe; here at any time you can get hot water for tea in thermopot. A cozy lounge with a fireplace and a gazebo with barbecue in the yard are the places where we always gather as a group for evening games and get-togethers :)). In the courtyard of the hotel has its own parking for cars.
- Meals: breakfast in a cafe (day 2-7), lunch — dry rations in the mountains while walking (day 2-6).
- Rental group equipment: boilers, gas burners (for making tea for lunch in the mountains), group first-aid kit.
- Services instructor guide
What is NOT included in an offer
- Transportation costs to the beginning of the route and back (city Mineralnye Vody).
- Meals: dinner. The cost of dinner in a cafe: 250-350 rubles.
- Surcharge for single occupancy in a hotel room — 3600 rubles. for the entire period of rest.
- Thermal springs (optional)
- Insurance (optional)
What should a client bring
- Cap / panama
- Jacket. The air temperature is early in the morning and late in the evening + 8… + 12C.
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt. A shirt will protect your hands and neck from burning.
- Running pants
- Trekking shoes / two pairs of sneakers with thick soles
- Flip flops (for walking in hotel)
- Rainwear or rainwear
- Tracking sticks. Sticks significantly reduce the load on the knees. Physically strong and healthy tourists, we recommend to have a stick. Tourists who have problems with their knees, joints and obesity should have trekking poles. If necessary, the club provides trekking poles for rent.
- Passport / child's birth certificate. Be sure to have the original documents (not a copy).
- Camera / Camcorder + Charger
- Plastic bottle 0.5 liters (for drinking water on the route)
- Toilet paper
- Mug, spoon, knife. For lunch in the mountains we make tea, tourists take mugs with them. You must have a non-beating mug (plastic or iron).
- Thread, needle
- Backpack for walking (volume 20-25 liters). The backpack contains the personal belongings of the tourist, as well as social products for lunch, which are issued by the instructor (products weigh 400-600 grams).
- Shoe dryers
- Sunscreen, hygienic lipstick
- Individual first aid kit. Required: elastic bandage, patch.
- Hat, gloves (for trips in September, October)
- Thermos (for trips in September, October)
- Flashlight (for trips in September, October)