In the gorge of the river Adyr-Su - there is a special mountain, not like all the others. Mountain with its own character, with a special energy. Her name is Ullu-Tau, "Sacred Mountain", "Mother Mountain". If Elbrus is considered to be the father of the Caucasus, then Ullu-Tau is the mother of these places. Ullu-Tau is a place of power, where people get health, wishes are fulfilled here!
What to expect
To pass on the tourist routes of the region, all tourists need a pass to the border zone. For Russian citizens, the instructor draws up a pass on the first day of the route. For citizens of foreign countries (Ukraine, Belarus, Israel) registration passes takes 30 working days (43 calendar days). After submitting an application for participation in the hike, we ask each citizen of a foreign state to request a copy of a passport to issue a pass.
The route of the route: Mineralnye Vody, Adyr-Su gorge, silver source, Dzhailyk alpine camp, Koyavgan waterfall • trekking to the foot of Ullu-Tau mountain • Kulumkol gorge, Living lake • Baksan gorge, Terskol gorge, Terskol glacier • “Virgin's waterfall” Spit ”,“ Terskol Peak Observatory ”• Azau Falls, cable car to Elbrus — Mineralnye Vody.
11:00 — group gathering at the railway station of Mineralnye Vody (near the main entrance from the city). 11:30 — group gathering at the airport of Mineralnye Vody (near the main entrance).
City Mineralnye Vody — with. Upper Baksan — Adyr-su gorge — Ullu-Tau alpine camp. Transfer by minibus to the village of Verkhniy Baksan (2.5-3 hours). Here the usual road ends and rests on a mountain lift. This is a unique structure, where the car is placed on a special platform, which with the help of a cable on the rails rises to a height. In this place, an instructor with tourists walk up the stairs to the entrance to the Adyr-Su gorge, the height difference is 50-60 m. (5 minutes walk). Personal items and products carry with you! If the mountain lift works, then we lift things on the lift :))
In Adyr-Su gorge we are changing a familiar minibus for mountain transport! There are only 12 kilometers left on the mountain road — and we are already in the heart of the mountains. It is here, at an altitude of 2380 m, is one of the highest mountain climbing camps in the North Caucasus — "Ullu-Tau". In this place we will live the next four days. The walk from the transport to the alplager camp takes 5 minutes. Moving and border formalities take a long time, we will be in place by the evening. Today we will have time to walk along the alpine camp, near the Adyr-Su river and at the end of the day we will admire the Ullu-Tau mountain in the setting sun!
Adyr-su gorge, Silver source, Jailak alpine camp, Koyavgan river gorge. In the morning we go for a walk around the incredibly beautiful surroundings! Coniferous forests, snowy peaks of the mountains, a noisy river — this is all our favorite gorge Adyr-Su. Gradually get used to this beauty! Today is an easy, fun day =)). First visit the source of silver water. It is not even a source, but a whole river! Holoooooodnaya)))))), but so transparent! In this place, some of our tourists always bathe, others lie down on the ground, take the form of a starfish and admire the clouds with a peaceful view =)). And some tourists immediately rush to the nearest hillock, look at the opening view. After an hour, we remove some tourists from the hill, catch others from the source, take all our starfishes with us and go on! Comfortable mountain road leads us to the former al-Jailouk alpine camp. Here we ride a mountain swing, and then climb the excellent viewing platform. From here, the snowy four-thousandth Ulla-Tau will be in front of us, as in the palm of your hand! Go ahead! Take a look at the gorge of the river Koyavgan and admire a small waterfall. On a good path we will climb a little higher, from where there is a great view of the Kulumkol gorge. In this gorge is the Living Lake, which we will visit in a few days. The active part of the route: 12.3 km, elevation difference of 2380-2510 m, the duration of the route is 6 hours.
Trekking to the foot of the mountain Ullu-Tau. The gorge Adyr-Su from the first steps greets tourists with alpine meadows and snow-capped mountains. This is an amazing, picturesque corner of the Caucasus, surrounded by the towering peaks of Chochat, Twin, Triangle. And in the very center of the gorge the mistress of these places towers — Ullu-Tau mountain. 4207 meters of stone, snow and ice! It would seem that sharp rocks, stones and ice can never give softness to the forms. But this is not about Ulla-Tau! Nature has created this mountain so semicircular, soft, friendly and kind. At its foot, mountaineers are blooming, forget-me-nots and geranium spread over the purple carpet. A well-trodden hiking trail leads to the foot of Ullu-Tau and the Glade of Desires. There are already built dozens of pyramids of stones. Choose your favorite stone, make a wish and carefully place the stone in one of the pyramids. By the way, if we want, we can build our own personal pyramid))). Most importantly, before walking here it is necessary to believe that your cherished desire will be fulfilled by the wonderful Mother Mountain. Today we will meet "male" and "female" stones, a stone of health. Therefore, enjoy the beauty, believe in miracles and recharge with positive energy! The active part of the route: 8.4 km, elevation difference of 2380-2680 m, the duration of the route 5-6 hours.
Kulumkol gorge, Lake Lively. Have you made a wish on the Glade of Desires to climb up the mountains quickly and easily? Today we need it! The trail along the Kulumkol gorge is rapidly running up. Several times we have to wade mountain streams. The higher we rise, the more interesting the landscapes: the Adyr-su gorge remains in the distance, the Jailik camp will be visible. Around rise tops Ozernaya, Theremin, Triangle. Playfully winding through the mountains, the trail leads to the Living Lake. According to legend, the lake gives health and new life energy! After swimming in the Living Lake, we have a picnic in this place beyond the clouds and set off on our way back. The active part of the route: 11.5 km, elevation difference of 2380-3200 m, the duration of the route is 8-9 hours.
Baksan gorge, gorge Terskol, Terskol glacier. In the morning — eviction from the Ullu-Tau alpine camp. We say goodbye to the Adyr-Su gorge, which we love so much and move to the Baksan gorge. On the one hand, we will have the mountain Cheget, on the other hand — the snow Elbrus. Beauty! 13: 00-14: 00 — accommodation in a hotel in the village of Terskol.
Today we go for a walk in the gorge of the river Terskol! This gorge will please us with its magnificent, pine forests and the sparkling glacier Terskol. Climbing a little higher, we will see the Main Caucasus Range and the stunning Semerochka glacier. And in the distance of the gorge will open a full-flowing waterfall Terskol, flowing down on the basalt rocks. The active part of the route: 7.6 km, elevation difference 2180-2490 m, the duration of the route is 4 hours.
Waterfall "Maiden Spit", the observatory "Peak Terskol." This waterfall is not without reason called the "Maiden Spit". It seems as if the proud hot-water woman sat on the slope of Elbrus, turned away from us, and long, flowing hair streamed down her shoulders. That is how the water from the glaciers of Elbrus slowly flows through the basalt rocks… The waterfall is located on the southern slope of Terskol. It is born from the Gara-Bashi glacier and appears before tourists in all its glory. The height of the waterfall is 30 meters! Daredevils can even go over the waterfall. Yes, it will be wet, it will be fresh! But what pictures are obtained here! After the photo shoot we go to the observation deck near the waterfall. Do not believe it, but it is so nice to sit here, eat chocolates and admire the magnificent panorama of the Main Caucasian Ridge =))). Go higher! A comfortable road will lead us to the Peak Terskol Observatory. This place will give us stunning views of the Baksan valley, the gorge Terskol and the top of Elbrus. Note!! The instructor decides to visit the Pik Terskol observatory based on the physical condition of the group. The active part of the passage along the route “Waterfalls of the Girls Spit”: 10.2 km, elevation difference 2180-2760 m, the duration of the route is 4-5 hours. The active part of the passage along the route “The Waterfalls of the Girls Spit and the Observatory“ Peak Terskol ”: 16.6 km, elevation difference 2180-3150 m, the duration of the route is 6-7 hours.
Azau Falls, cable car to Elbrus. Today we are going to the highest point of the Caucasus — the snow-white, two-headed Elbrus! We will climb the cableways to the sky above, at the Krugozor, Mir, Gara-Bashi station! From here, from a height of 3850 meters, we will look at our beloved mountain Ullu-Tau, Bezengi and the whole of the Main Caucasus Range. Before us, in full view, there will be sparkling glaciers and snow-capped peaks of mountains! By the way, do not forget podopniki! Today we will ride them on a snow slide =))). Also on the way we will visit the 70-meter Azau Falls, which is located on the slope of Elbrus. The active part of the route: the path to Mount Elbrus and back — 7.6 km on foot, elevation difference 2180-2380 m; the ascent by cable car — a height difference of 2380-3850 m. The duration of the route is 5 hours.
Moving to Mineralnye Vody. 19: 00-19: 30 — arrival in Mineralnye Vody to the railway station and the airport, departure home. Return tickets should be purchased for trains / airplanes that depart after 20:00.
Depending on the weather conditions, the physical condition of the participants and other factors, the route of the trip may be changed.
What is included in an offer
- Road transportation on the route by minibus.
- Driving on the route by mountain transport.
- Registration of passes to the border zone.
- Ecological fees in the National Park Elbrus.
- Tickets for the cable car.
- Accommodation: Day 1-5 — Alpine camp "Ullu-Tau". This is a camp of Soviet times, the living conditions are very modest. The rooms have beds, bedside tables, clothes hangers. Bed linen and towels in the rooms. Toilet paper, shampoo, soap must be taken with you. Shower and toilet are located in a separate building on the territory of the mountain camp. In the camp in the morning and in the evening include a generator, so there is light and electricity. Mobile connection, Wi-Fi, TV, no refrigerator. Day 6-7 — pos. Terskol, hotel "Seventh Region". Standard rooms, room amenities, TV, Wi-Fi. The hotel has a sauna, laundry, billiard room, table tennis.
- Three meals a day. Finished breakfasts and dinners are served in a cafe, lunch — afternoon rations in the mountains in the afternoon.
- Rental group equipment: boilers, gas burners (for making tea for lunch in the mountains), group first-aid kit.
- Services instructor guide.
What is NOT included in an offer
- Transportation costs to the beginning of the route and back (city Mineralnye Vody).
- Surcharge for single occupancy in a hotel room — 2000 rubles. for the entire period of rest.
- Registration in the hotel of foreign citizens (Ukraine, Belarus, Israel, etc.) — 300 rubles for the entire rest period.
- Insurance (optional)
What should a client bring
- Cap / panama
- Jacket. The air temperature is early in the morning and late in the evening + 8… + 12C.
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt. A shirt will protect your hands and neck from burning.
- Running pants
- Trekking shoes / two pairs of sneakers with thick soles
- Flip flops (for walking in hotel)
- Rainwear or rainwear
- Tracking sticks. Sticks significantly reduce the load on the knees. Physically strong and healthy tourists, we recommend to have a stick. Tourists who have problems with their knees, joints and obesity should have trekking poles. If necessary, the club provides trekking poles for rent.
- Passport / child's birth certificate. Be sure to have the original documents (not a copy).
- Camera / Camcorder + Charger
- Plastic bottle 0.5 liters (for drinking water on the route)
- Toilet paper
- Mug, spoon, knife. For lunch in the mountains we make tea, tourists take mugs with them. You must have a non-beating mug (plastic or iron).
- Thread, needle
- Backpack for walking (volume 20-25 liters). The backpack contains the personal belongings of the tourist, as well as social products for lunch, which are issued by the instructor (products weigh 400-600 grams).
- Shoe dryers
- Sunscreen, hygienic lipstick
- Individual first aid kit. Required: elastic bandage, patch.
- Hat, gloves (for trips in September, October)
- Thermos (for trips in September, October)
- Flashlight (for trips in September, October)