A trip on the ice of Baikal around the island of Olkhon on skates! The route is suitable for tourists who have the experience of winter hikes or are ready for the fact that a few days have to sleep in a tent on the street.
What to expect
We invite you to an interesting trip on the ice of Lake Baikal — thanks to the unique features of the lake water, by the beginning of the spring, ice turns into a beautiful work of art — surprisingly transparent, covered with unusual patterns of cracks, and ice on the rocks are very similar to whipped cream — they are white and airy!
On the route there are 2 overnights in tents and 5 overnights in cottages.
The island of Olkhon is an amazing place with a unique microclimate — a negligible amount of precipitation falls here during the year, and the number of sunny days in a year is an impossible dream for any inhabitant of the Northern capital :) So you can not worry about the weather — the beginning of March is always sunny, there will be no snow (for residents of St. Petersburg, this, of course, is not new). We will spend the night both in small houses on camp sites, and in tents. Therefore, you need to stock up on warm things and a good sleeping bag (we can give it to you if necessary). A big plus of this trip is that we will not have to carry a backpack on ourselves all the time — on the ice we will use sledge-scoops, which will greatly facilitate our life. Since the daily transitions are small (but it is worth noting that the places around are so beautiful that ordinary photo-minutes can easily turn into photo-clocks :), then we will have enough time for entertainment — we will go skating and sleighing. Among other things, Olkhon is a Buryat place of power-here Buddhist and pagan shrines and motifs are intricately interwoven — practical every place where we will be covered with legends and legends — beautiful, wise, and sometimes frightening.<div class = "main_object_text_day" id = "po_dnaym_14_idp368" umi: element-id = "14" umi: field-name = "po_dnaym" umi: field-type = "wysiwyg" umi: empty = "Enter the main content of the page"> PROGRAM ON DAYS:
Day 1 Transfer from Irkutsk (meeting at the Rolling Stones hostel at Karla Libknekhta 6) to the village of Kurma on the shore of the Small Sea, overnight in a small house in a tourist center. Along the way we will stop in the Tazheransk steppes and try to find petroglyphs — ancient rock paintings. In the photo there is a view of the ice route through the Small Sea and Fr. Olkhon from the mainland
Day 2 Going to the lake. Hanoi (on the way we will look at the Buddhist Stupa of Enlightenment, and also admire the countless ice icy, grottoes and caves). From here we will be taken by a transfessor, and we will go to the village of Khuzhir, where we will spend the night in a cozy hostel.
Day 3 Today we are walking along Khuzhir and the surrounding area. We must go to the winter "cemetery of ships" and to the visiting card of Baikal — the Shamanka rock (Cape Burkhan).
Day 4 Have a rest and in a way! Today on skates we will pass to Peschanaya Bay, where we will camp and sleep in tents.
Day 5 Transition to Cape Khoboy (the northern extremity of Olkhon Island), overnight in tents.
Day 6 Go to Uzur, overnight in the houses of the weather station.
Day 7 Ascent to the highest point of Olkhon — Mount Zimu (1276 m). At will and level of physical fitness, part of the group can make a simpler radial exit to Cape Khoboy overland. Transfer to Khuzhir, overnight at the hostel.
Day 8 Transfer from Khuzhir to Irkutsk. Return tickets — not earlier than 4:00 pm on March 4 / March 12. But we recommend to stay for a day and take off on March 5 / March 13.
The total length of the route is about 100 km. 2 nights in tents and 5 overnights in cottages in camp sites.
Meet the group in the hostel at ul. Karl Liebknecht, 6, not later than 11:00 am on Irkutsk time on February 22, respectively! Request to purchase tickets for the plane with arrival to Irkutsk before this time, and return tickets — not earlier than 16:00 on March 1, or the next day. But we highly recommend that you stay for a day in Irkutsk and leave on March 2-3 — wander around the city, go to the shore of Lake Baikal in the Listvyanka settlement (here you can go horseriding, visit the most interesting limnological museum (dedicated to the study of Baikal), nerpine, on the stone of Chersky, from where the beautiful panorama of the lake opens, to look into the unique ethnographic museum of Taltsy, etc. :) With pleasure we will tell you how and where to get. We will drive along the official ice track, make a lot of unique photos, explore the amazing ice grottoes and caves, try ice climbing, skate, listen to the sounds of the life of the ice of Lake Baikal and enjoy the spring beauty of one of the most beautiful places on Earth!<p id = "info_text_14_idp368" umi: element-id = "14" umi: field-name = "info_text" umi: field-type = "string" umi: empty = "Enter the main content of the page"> ________________________________________ <p umi: element-id = "14" umi: field-name = "info_text" umi: field-type = "string" umi: empty = "Enter the main content of the page"> TICKETS: <div class = "mw_text_bilety" id = "description_14_idp368" umi: element-id = "14" umi: field-name = "description" umi: field-type = "wysiwyg" umi: empty = "">
It is necessary to arrive in Irkutsk before 11:00 on 22 February.
You can leave at any time on March 2nd.
The time is Irkutsk. Be careful — in air tickets the departure and arrival time is always local, and in train tickets — always Moscow.
What is included in an offer
• use of group equipment, 3 local tents (mountain), sledge-scoops, lake skates • providing the group on the route with gas and water • Full board 3 meals a day • all crossings on the route • Accommodation on recreation bases during the program • public first aid kit and remnabour • group leader services
What is NOT included in an offer
• Train / plane tickets • Overnight in Irkutsk before and after the hike • rent of personal equipment (sleeping bags, foams, trekking or ski poles) • visiting cafes / canteens (on the route 2 times on the road from Irkutsk and on the way back and at will in Khuzhir) • pocket expenses
What should a client bringEquipment
- Tableware (mug, spoon, bowl, knife)
- Towel (microfibre)
- Headlamp flashlight and a set of spare batteries for it
- Ice skates
- Matches (in waterproof packaging)
- Packages of polyethylene or lightweight hermetic bags for clothes
- Polyethylene bags (T-shirts) 5 pieces in stock
- Trekking or ski poles
- Sidushka (hobby)
- Water tank (plastic bottle / hydraulic system / flask)
- Tent mountain (with skirt)
- Touristic winter rug
- Sleeping bag (t comfort -15 -10 degrees)
- Cape on a backpack from the rain
- Backpack tourist (from 80 l for women, from 90 l for men)
- Power bank (battery charger)
- Compression bag for three-dimensional clothes
- Mobile phone with charging
- Wet wipes
- Hygiene Lipstick
- Toothbrush and paste (small package)
- Sun protection cream (spf 50)
- Small scissors or nail clippers
- Small mirror
- Small pack of shampoo
- A small piece of soap
- Toilet paper in waterproof packaging
Personal first aid kit
- Individual preparations
- Nasal drops
- Coldrex / teraflu
- 1 shirt or shirt with long sleeves
- Buff (scarf)
- Trekking boots, membrane insulated (solid sole, fixed ankle)
- Gaiters / flashlights
- For girls — a sports bra (in normal uncomfortable)
- Sneakers / sneakers
- Swimsuit / swimming trunks
- Underwear (better synthetic) in reasonable quantities
- Socks (cotton or synthetics) 2 pairs
- Socks for trekking 2 pairs
- Woolen socks for sleeping 1 pair
- Winter gloves / mittens (not woolen)
- Work gloves
- Gloves, thin
- Down jacket winter / ski or snowboard heat jacket
- Warm fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear warm (winter)
- Fleece pants
- A cap
- Pants are warm (fit warm ski or snowboard)
- Passport of the Russian Federation
- Tickets or route receipts
- Document bag for documents
- Copy of Russian passport
- Money for additional expenses
- MHI policy