This is truly a unique route that runs far from the main tourist roads along the spurs of the mysterious Korgon Range in the Ust-Kansky (Altai Republic) and Charyshsky (Altai Territory) regions. Pastoralists and hunters are frequent guests here, but the foot of the tourist here, you can tell, did not go, and this is a big plus for lovers of pristine nature
What to expect
The route, despite its exotic character, is quite simple and suitable for both experienced tourists and beginners. The path is practically devoid of complex areas, the transitions are short. The terrain is characterized by a peculiar landscape and a combination of vegetation. The Korgon Range is a complex system of ridges and spurs with average heights of 2000-2200 m. You will not be bored - the terrain changes very dynamically - circuses, passes, gorges, overlapping peaks at each other - all this replaces each other practically at every step. Thus the mountains seem to merge with the sky. The passes are covered with haze, all this resembles a watercolor pattern, slightly washed out and in subdued tones, but this is no less majestic. The route is not without reason called "Journey to the Edge of the Earth". Here you really feel like a trailblazer - after all, literally every lake (of which there are many!) You can invent your own name (once local people do not bother). And, of course, the tour will be of interest to fishermen - there are many fish in local lakes, in particular, grayling.
Tourist complex "Taezhnik" - Basic parking in the village of Kaysyn.
Arrival to the Tourist Complex "Taezhnik". Breakfast in the cafe. The automobile part with the length of 300 km goes mostly on the most ancient road of Siberia - the Chuysky tract. On the way, tourists will overcome such passes as Seminsky and Yaboganskiy. Seminsky pass is a natural monument of the Altai Republic. This is the highest point of the Chuysky tract (1894 m). The Yabogansky Pass has a height of 1492 m. It is located in the system of the Terek ridge and serves as a watershed of the rivers Ursul and Charysh. Accommodation in tents. Preparing for the campaign. Bathhouse. Evening of acquaintances.
2. The Day
from. Kaysyn - The upper reaches of the Bolshaya Kaisyn river.
Conducting safety training, training in riding techniques. First the path goes along the Maly Kaysyn river bed. Then, after a small pass, descends into the valley of the Big Kaysyn. The trail, quite wide and trampled (in the summer it is driven by cattle to grazing), passes mainly through the forest, after a few kilometers it goes to an open place, overgrown with a red bush, over which green cedars and larches rise above the carpet. The landscape is rather unusual - then to the right, then to the left of the path there are almost vertical skylines, overgrown with a brush of wood, with strange protrusions on the tops. There and here you can see the snowfields. Tourists make a small loop to the Nameless Lake. The bottom and banks of it are strewn with unusual stones, dark maroon, purple, almost black, from which the water in the lake also seems black. Most likely, once the bottom of the lake was a volcano. This was indicated by the round shape of the basin. Horse riding takes 2-3 hours. Overnight in the upper reaches of the Great Kaysyn.
3. The DayThe upper reaches of the Bolshoy Kaisyn River are Lake Rybnoye.
Climbing up the channel of the Big Kaysyn, the group crosses the border with the Altai Territory and on the upper reaches of the Berezovka River it goes to another nameless lake, and then overcomes the pass again. In sunny weather, rivulets and lakes in the valleys open from the top of the ridge. In June and early July, tourists are lucky enough to enjoy the flowering herbs of alpine and subalpine meadows. The sight of a multi-colored carpet under your feet does not leave anyone indifferent! The destination of this day is Fish Lake. It is quite large, its banks are convenient for parking. Here the group breaks the camp, tourists have to spend the next day on the bank of the Fish.
4. The Day
Day at the Fish Lake.
In summer there is simply a great place for rest and fishing. The waters of the lake are transparent with light blue haze, the smell of heated tar smells from the forest, and the rays of the sun shine in the waves lifted by a light wind ... In the lake there is grayling, so you can grab gear and fish. In hot weather, you can also swim and sunbathe. The surroundings of the lake are very picturesque, so that fans of photography will have something to do.
5. The Day
Lake Rybnoye - The River Yergol.
On this day, the group will have to make a 30-km path. First the trail goes to the headwaters of the Mendoy River, then descends to the lake of the same name. Then he again goes along the Mendoy channel to its right tributary. Then tourists will rise to a height of about 2,300 meters, from where the breathtaking spirit opens (the wind blows almost always in these parts) a view of the Korgon Range, its gorges and valleys. After the pass, the tourists will see another fairly large lake. After overcoming the next pass, the group will descend to the valley of the river Ergol, where it will make a halt.
6. The Day
The day. Radial access to the Ergol waterfall and the valley of seven lakes.
Although on this day the group will not need to make large transitions, it promises to be quite active. First, the group will make a pedestrian radial exit to the small picturesque waterfall Ergol, located on the river of the same name. Then the tourists will have a horse radiolka in the valley of seven lakes. This place has a surprising resemblance to the Karakol lakes: the same cascading arrangement, the same pit-saucers, surrounded by rocks, even stone piles of a-la castles of mountain spirits are encountered on the way. The only difference is that there is no flow of tourists! And this is an added bonus to local beauties.
7. The Day
River Ergol - Village Kaysyn.
On this day, tourists will start the return journey to the base camp in the village of Kaysyn. They have to overcome the pass in the height of 2097 m, go several kilometers along the left tributary of the Great Kaysyn and then taiga trail along the river Orgulak to descend to the village, where they are waiting for rest and a bath.
8. The Day
Village Kaysyn - Tourist Complex "Taezhnik".
Attention!!! The time indicated is the local difference with Moscow +4! For those who ordered a transfer by tourist bus, departure according to the schedule for the chosen destinations altaiatour.ru/turists/4-vstrecha-turistov For those who ordered an individual transfer from Barnaul, the departure time is negotiated individually. Delivery to the airport of Gorno-Altaisk is carried out by the time of departure of the aircraft.Route description:
- The duration of the active part is 6 days (horses)
- The length of the route is 400 km (auto, from the starting point) + 94 km (horses) + 8 km (on foot)
- - The itinerary is complex, to participate in it tourists should have experience of horseback riding in Mountainous Altai (it is recommended for beginners to first try their hand at the routes 162,161,164,167,172);
- - As personal equipment in the hike, you must have the things listed in the section "General information on active routes"
- - On a steep slope, stone placers and snowy areas, the horse is led around;
- - On the route there are 1-2 instructors, a groom;
- - Children under 14 years on the route are not allowed.
- - All necessary equipment is provided on the route
- - The route schedule may vary slightly depending on the weather conditions, in order to ensure safe passage of the route, at the discretion of the instructor;
What is included in an offer
- - 1. Transportation, according to the program of the tour
- - 2. Payment for tourist camps (payment for a place under tents in equipped tourist camping, or living in wooden houses if this is stipulated in the tour program)
- - 3. Bath, according to the program of the tour
- 4. Horses for rent
- - 5. Payment for the work of instructors, grooms.
- - 6. Payment of recreational fees
- - 7. Payment of accident insurance and medical insurance
- - 8. Three meals a day.
- - 9. Rental of equipment
What is NOT included in an offer
What should a client bring
1. A backpack, a suitcase or a large travel bag, that is what it is convenient to carry things to the base, on the route for the transportation of things special means are given out (archimak (saddlebag) and horse riding in horse rides, diesbeg - water hikes). An exception are hiking tours with equestrian accompaniment, for participation in such tours it is necessary to have a small backpack for carrying personal items.
2. Hiking shoes are desirable boots that can be leather, rubber, crocheted, the main thing is that they do not get wet and cover the bootleg from rubbing on the stirrup belt (push-up) or high boots
3. Sneakers or trekking shoes for radial outlets. Avoid new, not differentiated shoes.
4. Replacement shoes for rest in the camp (slates).
5. Comfortable clothes for horse crossings and pedestrian radial crossings - sports trousers that do not shackle movements made from light quick-drying material, without rough internal seams, shirt or long sleeve T-shirt.
6. A set of clothes for rest in the camp - trousers, shirt, shorts, T-shirt.
7. Warm sweater.
8. Warm jacket (synthetic or fluffy).
9. Warm hat (fleece or woolen).
10. Cap or Panama.
11. Gloves (suitable even for simple cotton).
12. Socks - 2-3 pairs of cotton or linen, 2 pairs of woolen
13. Waterproof raincoat or suit, resistant to heavy rain. On the horse route for protection from rain, OZK (Combined Arms Protection Kit) is issued - a long rubber cloak with a hood
14. Bathing suit.
15. Toiletries and hygienic supplies. Including hygienic lipstick and sun cream with a high protection factor.
16. Sunglasses protecting the eyes from ultraviolet rays in the mountains.
17. Small flashlight (head).
18. Individual medicines.
19. A small jar for water. You can use a 0.5 liter plastic bottle.
20. Camera or video camera (optional) with hermetic packaging.
21. Seat is a tourist (hobby).
22. Personal utensils (a plate, a spoon, a mug)
In addition to the water part: sneakers, any changeable shoes, at least 2 pairs of woolen and 2 pairs of elastic socks, a splash suit, The camera and a movie camera must have special sealed boxes or hermetically sealed packaging. It is recommended to have your own sleeping bag, designed for a temperature of -5 degrees. If not, the sleeping bag is issued.
The requirement to recruit personal belongings . Nothing superfluous and acute (without appropriate packages, capable of damaging the hermetic packaging). For the convenience of packaging and additional splash protection, we recommend the use of polyethylene bags.
IMPORTANT! Clothes for riding must be comfortable, not shackling the movement, not rustling. Pants made of dense soft fabric without rough internal seams.