We offer to meet 2018 on the Lycian trail, which was recognized as one of the 10 best hiking routes in the world!
What to expect
The Lycian trail passes along the coast of ancient Lycia in Turkey. The tourist path, which attracts lovers of outdoor activities, used to be the trade route of a mighty state. The English newspaper Sunday Times included the Lycian Path to the top ten routes of the world! Picturesque mountains, diverse nature, sunsets over the sea and cozy bays are all a fabulous Lycian trail. This route is of medium complexity. We are waiting for both long rises and long descents, and we will walk 15-20 km a day with backpacks on our shoulders. Therefore, pay special attention to shoes: trekking shoes are required, which are better to carry before going.
VISA: it is not necessary, since a visa-free regime is established between Russia and Turkey. Citizens of the Russian Federation can enter Turkey without a visa for up to 60 days. In total, the number of days of stay in Turkey for Russian citizens should not exceed 90 days for a period of 180 days.PROGRAM ON DAYS:
The first day (December 30). The city of Antalya (Antalya) — the village of Tekirova (Tekirova). Overnight in tents.
At 12-00 we take the bus and move from Antalya bus station to Tekirova. From the village we walk along the sea to a picturesque bay with a source of fresh water. This is the Lycian trail, we are at the very beginning of our journey. In the bay we camp, dine, relax from the flight and relocation, enjoy the sea and the starry sky. We sleep under the sound of sea waves.
The second day (December 31). The village Tekirova (Tekirova) — the village of Cirali ( Cirali ). Overnight in tents.
We get up early, as today we have a big crossing on one of the most beautiful parts of the Lycian trail: we will walk along the sea, through a light pine forest. In the evening we are in Cirali — a small village stretching along the coast and literally drowning in the green of orange and lemon gardens. In the evening, you can stroll through the village, enjoy oranges from the trees, admire the view of the Turkish Olympus — Tahtali Dag mountain. In the vicinity of Cirali we are waiting for a lot of interesting things, so we will stay here for the next day.
The third day (January 1). The settlement Çıralı (Cirali). Excursion to the ancient city of Olympos. Trekking to Himera. Overnight in tents.
In the morning we go to inspect the ruins of the ancient city of Olympos. The city, founded in the 3rd century BC, was one of six powerful cities in Lycia, experienced numerous raids by pirates, and reached its peak in the Roman period. During the Byzantine Empire, the inhabitants, for reasons unknown up to now, left the city and did not return to this place anymore.
In the evening of this day we will visit one of the most mysterious places of our planet. The burning mountain of Chimera (Yanartash) is the only place in the world where fire burns all year round. The flame bursts to the surface from under the ground in several places, the places of ignition change periodically, the fire is almost damped, then flares up with renewed vigor. According to legend, it was here that Bellerophon struck Chimera with his bow, and his horse Pegasus trampled her into the ground. Since then, the Chimera has lived underground and spewed flames. And in the vicinity you can eat oranges directly from the trees!
The fourth day (January 2). The village of Çıralı (Cirali) — settlement Adrasan (Adrasan). The first day. Overnight in tents.
Today we have to pass part of the way to the next settlement — the coastal village of Adrasan. The path runs mainly through the forest, it is rather tortuous, and at the same time we will constantly gain altitude. There can already be snow, and the air temperature is noticeably cooler than on the shore. We will spend the night at the top of the pass, where nature has created a magnificent viewing platform, which offers stunning views of the valley and villages.
The fifth day (January 3). The village of Çıralı (Cirali) — settlement Adrasan (Adrasan). Second day. Overnight in tents.
Today we say goodbye to our cozy parking lot and go down to Adrasan. This village is one of the most picturesque corners of southern Turkey. In ancient times, one of the important trade bays of the Lycian civilization was located here, and today connoisseurs of nature, a pleasant quiet rest, here seminars on yoga are held. The village is surrounded by oranges and greenhouses, where vegetables are grown all year round. We pass the village and get up two kilometers from it.
The sixth day (January 4). The village of Adrasan is the Cape of Helidonia (Gelidonya). Overnight in tents.
Today we have a long transition to the southernmost point of our journey — Cape Helidonia. The cape is famous for the fact that in its vicinity the researchers discovered a large number of sunken ships. This is associated with the unpredictability of local currents, but the ancient Lycians had a different opinion on this score: they believed that the creator of the shipwreck was a monster living on the seabed. Anyway, this place is often called a ship cemetery. The main attraction here, of course, is the lighthouse: located at an altitude of 227 meters above sea level, its height is about nine meters. The most beautiful view of the lighthouse rewards those travelers that come to it from Adarsan, as we can see with you.
The seventh day (January 5). Cape Helidonia (Gelidonya) — the village of Karaöz (Karaöz) — the city of Demre ( Demre ). Overnight in tents.
Today we leave the hospitable cape and go to the village of Karasez. Here we sit on the bus and move to the place of our last on this journey, parking — to the ancient city of Demre.
The eighth day (January 6). Dnevka in Demre (Demre). Overnight in tents.
Today is a very busy day. We will devote a lot of sightseeing to him, located both in the city and in its surroundings: we will see the Church of St. Nicholas, we will visit the ruins of ancient Myra, we will see a huge ancient Roman amphitheater, the main necropolis, whose rocky tombs strike the imagination. Lycians believed that burying the dead should be as high as possible to the sky, it will help them sooner to get to paradise. The higher the person was buried, there he was richer. Some tombs are made in the form of a house. This is an amazing place to see with your own eyes. And in the evening we are waiting for a farewell bonfire, because this is the final day of our journey along the Lycian trail.
The ninth day (January 7). The city of Demre ( Demre ) is the city of Antalya ( Antalya ).
Today we have to move from Demre to Antalya, where our adventure at 18-00 will end. Those who wish can stay for a few more days, enjoy warm weather, walk around Antalya and the surrounding area.
TICKETS: it is better to buy a ticket with the morning arrival on December 30 to 9-00 (in order to safely get to the bus station from Antalya airport). The return ticket can be taken on January 7 after 20-00 from Antalya. You can fly earlier and fly away later, our manager will tell you where you can stop.
What is included in an offer
- • use of group equipment
- • place in the tent (organizer is provided with 4 local tents)
- • providing the group on the route with gas and water
- • Full 3 meals a day (except lunches for check-in / check-out days and meals at the cafe at the request of the participants)
- • all planned crossings on the route
- • public first aid kit and remnabour
- • group leader service
What is NOT included in an offer
- • airplane tickets
- • rent of personal equipment (sleeping bag, foam, backpack, trekking poles)
- • rent of 2 local tents (tents for 4 places are provided by the organizers)
- • insurance ("Active rest") — we will help with registration (this will require your passport details — photocopy of the main page and registration)
- • visiting cafes / canteens / restaurants
- • pocket expenses
- • Delivery of the module of public equipment and products (pay those who can not or do not want to take the module in St. Petersburg)
- • accommodation in hostels / hotels before or after the route
What should a client bringEquipment
- Tourist tent
- Matches (in waterproof packaging)
- Packages of polyethylene or lightweight hermetic bags for clothes
- Polyethylene bags (T-shirts) 5 pieces in stock
- Trekking sticks (telescopic)
- Sidushka (hobby)
- Water tank (plastic bottle / hydraulic system / flask)
- Towel (microfibre)
- Headlamp flashlight and a set of spare batteries for it
- Tableware (mug, spoon, bowl, knife)
- Touristic summer rug
- Sleeping bag (t comfort 0 + 6 degrees)
- Cape on a backpack from the rain
- Backpack tourist (from 80 l for women, from 90 l for men)
- Power bank (battery charger)
- Compression bag for three-dimensional clothes
- Mobile phone with charging
- Wet wipes
- Hygiene Lipstick
- Toothbrush and paste (small package)
- Sun protection cream (spf 50)
- Small scissors or nail clippers
- Small mirror
- Small pack of shampoo
- A small piece of soap
- Insect repellent (better universal spray)
- Toilet paper in waterproof packaging
Personal first aid kit
- Individual preparations
- Nasal drops
- Coldrex / teraflu
- 1 shirt or shirt with long sleeves
- 2 running T-shirts (synthetics)
- Track trekking diaphragm lungs (firm sole, fixed ankle)
- Gaiters / flashlights
- For girls — a sports bra (in normal uncomfortable)
- Sneakers / sneakers
- Swimsuit / swimming trunks
- Membrane jacket (waterproof, windproof) / raincoat tourist to the knees
- Membrane pants (waterproof, windproof) (if there is a raincoat, you can not take it)
- Underwear (better synthetic) in reasonable quantities
- Socks (cotton or synthetics) 2 pairs
- Socks for trekking 2 pairs
- Woolen socks for sleeping 1 pair
- Work gloves
- Gloves, thin
- Downy waistcoat or light down jacket
- Warm fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear thin (summer)
- Fleece pants
- A cap
- Pants running (from quick-drying material, easily washable)
- International passport
- Travel insurance
- Tickets or route receipts
- Document bag for documents
- Copy of Russian passport
- Passport of the Russian Federation
- Money for additional expenses
- Copy of passport