Crimea is good at any time of the year: in May it is already warm in summer, green grass under our feet, trees are blooming around, and in the autumn these places will pamper us with a comfortable, velvet season! We will live in eastern Crimea, near the town of Sudak. Around towering majestic mountains: Eagle, Falcon, Rhinoceros. And very close - the purest Black Sea.
What to expect
Thread route: Simferopol — Sudak, an ecotrail to Alchak Cape • pos. New World, Rhinoceros mountain, colorful bays and Golitsyn trail • Ay-Georgiy town • Sokol rock • Perch mountain • Echki-Dag mountain range • Genoese fortress — Simferopol.
Travel dates for 2019 (7 days): March 03-09 April 28 — May 4 May 19-25 September 08-14 September 29 — October 5 November 03-09
12:00 — group gathering at the airport of Simferopol (on the square in front of the airport). 14: 00-14: 30 — gathering of the group at the bus station in Sudak.
City of Sudak, eco path to Cape Alchak. Transfer by bus to Sudak (2-2.5 hours). Check in at the guest house.
Welcome to Sudak! This is a wonderful city on the Black Sea coast, which boasts its comfortable climate and abundance of sun. From all sides, the Sudak valley is protected by mountains, there are many vineyards and plantations of crops for the manufacture of essential oils. The city of Sudak itself is one of the leading producers of vintage wines and rose oil in the Crimea.
Today we will walk along the Sudak embankment and take a walk to Cape Alchak. This is the smallest cape in the Sudak valley, its height is only 152 meters. On Cape Alchak there is a very interesting place — the Eolian harp. This is a large, through hole in the rock. The grotto received its name in honor of the ancient Greek god Aeol, king of the winds. With a strong wind, the grotto begins to sing, and a sound is heard that resembles the sound of a harp. The active part of the route: 5.8 km, elevation difference of 30-150 m, the duration of the route is 3-4 hours.
The village of Novy Svet, Rhinoceros Mountain, colorful bays and Golitsyn trail. Today will be an incredibly beautiful day!!! In the morning we go to the village of New World. This is the place where the wonderful 3 + 2 film was made. First let's go to the mountain Rhino. Often this mountain is called Sleeping Girl or Guard-both — guard mountain. Climbing to the top, you understand why the mountain is called “guard”: in good weather, you can see the entire coast from the extinct volcano Kara-Dag in the east to Ayu-Dag on the southern coast of Crimea. We will go up in the ear of the Rhinoceros, go through the huge stone labyrinth, sit on the Golitsyn chair, go down the ancient Taurian and monkey stairs and see from the height of three bays of the New World! We will also visit the ancient grottoes, go to the territory of dark Hell and go out into the bright Paradise, where there is a real natural refrigerator, the temperature in which is +5… + 10C! Further we go down on the footpath that runs along three multi-colored bays. Landscapes here, as on the covers of magazines: the emerald sea, snow-white yachts, the magnificent rock Falcon. No wonder the ancient Greeks called this place "Paradise"! And at the exit from paradise there is a factory and a brand store of sparkling wines "New World". The active part of the route: 10.1 km, elevation difference of 30-340 m, the duration of the route is 6-7 hours.
Mount Ay-George (Mangil). Mount Ay-George — one of the highest in the vicinity of the city of Sudak, its height is 499 m! The path to the top goes past the vineyards, through shady coniferous and deciduous forests. After that, the trail leads to a large spring with the purest water. Near the spring we will see the icon of St. George the Victorious, whose name this mountain bears. Having risen a little more up, we will find ourselves on the top, from where a magnificent panorama of the surroundings opens : all the highest mountains of the eastern Crimea will appear before us, in full view! Falcon Rock, Perchem Mountain, Taraktash Ridge, Meganom Cape, the extinct volcano Kara-Dag and the Echki-Dag mountain range! The active part of the route: 8.7 km, elevation difference 40-499 m, the duration of the route is 6-7 hours.
Rock Falcon. Falcon Rock is one of the largest coral reefs in the Crimea. Here you can see the petrified corals, relax in the shadow of the Pallas pine tree, stroll through the unique grove of the pyramidal juniper and sip the delicious water from the source of St. Anastasia. Have you ever wanted to look at Sudak from a bird's eye view? Or maybe I wanted to get to where the breathtaking beauty of what he saw? Or would you like to take a picture of the New World Green Bay from a half-kilometer height? We will realize all this during the excursion to the Sokol rock! The active part of the route: 7.4 km, elevation difference of 30-474 m, the duration of the route is 5-6 hours.
Mountain Perch. Perch (translated as "mane") is the highest mountain in the vicinity of Sudak, 576 m above sea level. On one of the hills of the mountain there are several trees that are called by tourists as Perchem Chubchik :)). From the unusual places of Perchem we will also see huge circles of stones and the ruins of an ancient temple. A marked path will take us to the very top! From the observation points of Perchem there are magnificent views of the Sudak and Tokluk valleys, the village of Merry and the Genoese fortress. The active part of the route: 10.5 km, elevation difference of 40-576 m, the duration of the route is 6-7 hours.
Echki-Dag mountain range. Today we will look at the eastern Crimea from a new perspective! Our goal is the Echki-Dag mountain range. This is an amazing place where thick forests, picturesque rocks, wide steppe and the sea came together. In one day, we will see the diversity of the nature of Crimea. Echki-Dag is composed of reef limestone and is therefore layered like a pie))). Echki-Dag slopes are loved by climbers, as well as speleologists. It is here that there is a cave with the unusual name "Ear of the Earth", which can only be reached with special equipment. The entrance to the cave is hidden from prying eyes by the bushes of dogwood and dogrose. An ancient legend says that the cave reaches the very heart of the Earth. It is as if our planet wants to hear what is happening up here? "Ear of the Earth" is considered one of the places of power, where the cherished desires are fulfilled! The active part of the route: 12.1 km, elevation difference of 30-474 m, the duration of the route is 6-7 hours.
Genoese fortress in Sudak. In the city of Sudak is a well-preserved Genoese fortress. This is a unique monument, decoration of the city and its business card! Already from afar high walls with battlements, decorated with impregnable towers, are visible. On the territory of the fortress we will visit the Consular Castle and the Maiden Tower. From here there are great views of the Sudak embankment and the distant mountains of the New World! The active part of the route: 2.65 km, the duration of the tour 3 hours.
Eviction from the guest house. Transfer by minibus to Simferopol. 14:00 — arrival at the Sudak bus station. 16: 00-16: 30 — arrival at the airport of Simferopol. Return tickets should be purchased for aircraft that fly from Simferopol after 18:00.
Depending on the weather conditions, the physical condition of the participants and other factors, excursion routes can be changed.
What is included in an offer
- Transportation by route in a minibus.
- Accommodation in Sudak in a guest house: double, triple rooms. Each room has amenities (shower, toilet), TV, Wi-Fi. The guest house has a kitchen where tourists can cook for themselves.
- Two meals a day. Finished breakfasts (day 2-7) are served in the hotel according to the complex menu (the menu is not individual!), Lunch — afternoon rations in the mountains in the afternoon (day 2-6).
- Rental group equipment: boilers, gas burners (for making tea for lunch in the mountains), group first-aid kit.
- Entrance fees to sightseeing centers and ecological trails.
- Services instructor guide
What is NOT included in an offer
- Transportation costs to the beginning of the route and back (Simferopol).
- Meals: dinner. The cost of dinner in a cafe: 250-350 rubles. Our hotel has a kitchen where tourists can cook for themselves.
- Insurance (optional)
- Surcharge for single occupancy in a hotel room — 4200 rubles. for the entire period of rest.
What should a client bring
- Cap / panama
- Jacket. The air temperature is early in the morning and late in the evening + 8… + 12C.
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt. A shirt will protect your hands and neck from burning.
- Running pants
- Sneakers with thick soles
- Flip flops (for walking in hotel)
- Rainwear or rainwear
- Tracking sticks. Sticks significantly reduce the load on the knees. Physically strong and healthy tourists, we recommend to have a stick. Tourists who have problems with their knees, joints and obesity should have trekking poles.
- Passport / child's birth certificate. Be sure to have the original documents (not a copy).
- Camera / Camcorder + Charger
- Plastic bottle 0.5 liters (for drinking water on the route)
- Toilet paper
- Mug, spoon, knife. For lunch in the mountains we make tea, tourists take mugs with them. You must have a non-beating mug (plastic or iron).
- Thread, needle
- Backpack for walking (volume 20-25 liters). The backpack contains the personal belongings of the tourist, as well as social products for lunch, which are issued by the instructor (products weigh 400-600 grams).
- Shoe dryers
- Sunscreen, hygienic lipstick
- Individual first aid kit. Required: elastic bandage, patch.
- Hat, gloves (for trips in March, October)